Creative Transitions Individualized Services:
- Instruction in executive functioning and social thinking
- Liaison services between college faculty and the student
- Assistance with daily planning and organization
- Regular meetings with the student to review academic progress
- Strategies and techniques to improve study skills
- Coordination for tutoring services from the educational institution
- Real-life job experiences
- Career exploration and transition counseling
- Developing communication skills in the workplace
- Job coaching and shadowing
- On-site observation and supervision
- Developing conversational skills
- Resume writing strategies
- Life Skills strategies & Independent Living Instruction
- Nutrition & Wellness classes
- Social interactions and activities
- Individualized physical fitness program; recreation center within walking distance of Transitions
- Structured recreational activities & cultural experiences
- Round trip transportation for both residential & commuter students.
*Transitions facility is within walking distance of Cuyahoga Community College Brunswick Campus
Our Professional Team
- Comprehensive academic program developed by certified specialists degreed in curriculum and instruction and/or special education.
- Teaching staff certified and/or trained in areas of special education, counseling and/ or related human service fields.
- Life skills strategies and therapeutic programs provided by professional MCH staff who have certifications and/or expertise with young adults with learning differences.
- Social thinking instruction, curriculum and staff development headed by a behavior analyst lead instructor.
- Academic and Occupational Therapy team collaboration with Cuyahoga Community College staff.
Our Program Partners Include:
- Cuyahoga Community College – Brunswick Campus
- Lorain Community College – North Ridgeville Campus
- Cleveland Clinic Lerner School for Autism
Do You Qualify???
Are you looking for opportunities that will enrich your social, vocational and educational skills?
√ Do you have a disability that would impair your ability to get a job or live independently?
√ Do you have a current IEP, ETR or 504 document?
√ Do you hold a high school diploma or GED?
√ Do you want to earn a post-secondary certificate, a job career skills certificate or a college degree?
√ Are you interested in applying for one or several of the following…
- Residential post-secondary college transitional program
- Commuter post-secondary college transitional program
- Summer job skills and career development program
- Weekend life skills, recreation, and career exploration program
View our Brochure HERE
View our Summer Program Brochure HERE
For More Information Call
330.388.5880 or email Nancy@medinacreativeaccessibility.com
Come Grow With Us