We are excited to announce that we will again be offering our Life Steps Summer Day Program. We had to cancel last years program due to Covid-19. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and regulations put in place from the state, our program this year will be held at our training facility at 301 N. State Rd. Medina, Ohio.
Educational and social activities include:
- Developing cooking skills and kitchen safety
- Increasing social skills
- Performing group activities such as arts, crafts and games
- Meal planning and healthy eating skills
- Maintaining the home, cleaning and lawn care
- Money skills
- Community field trips
- The cost of Life Steps is $325.00 for the week. (A day rate is also available at $65.00 per day) Family rates are offered for $275.00 for the week, per family member.
- Level One and IO Waiver, Supportive Living, Extended School Year and Family Support Service Programs and other funding resources are available to cover the cost of Life Steps. Check with your Case Manager at the Medina County Board of DD to see if you qualify.
- A limited number of scholarships are also available to help defray the cost of attending.
Every week, twice a week, at Life Steps, our attendees will get the unique opportunity to experience therapeutic horseback riding at our Medina Creative Therapy Ranch. This PATH certified program is supervised by a certified therapeutic horseback riding instructor.
Each week consists of structured, comprehensive and continually supervised educational and social activities that emphasize client choice and are intended to meet the individual needs of the persons served.
The PURPOSE of our program is…
to help children and adults with cognitive and functional disabilities stabilize, increase and/or sustain their highest level of functioning so that they can maintain the skills needed to live independently as possible at home and in the community.
The OUTCOME of our program is…
helping individuals reach their goal of independent living with support in a community setting